martes, 11 de julio de 2017

GWA14E

Chapter 14. Roy begins to look strange.



In the lair of the sect the Great Sage had summoned Valnak again before his presence. Together with the three Masters he was waiting impatiently. At last, the required demon appeared in no hurry.

-It's time for you to go! I've called you for more than half an hour - The sage reprimanded him irritably. -
- My apologies Great Sage, I entertained myself a little before coming here. - The demon smiled maliciously. -
-Well, it's all right, now, no more distractions! It's time to wake Armageddon, and you must do it without delay, Valnak.
- I have already taken care of the first phase of reactivation, but the process is slow and I must complete it. Keep in mind that he has been latent for a long time and awakening him will be costly. That without counting the seal they put. - He argued in a patient tone. -
- Then do not waste time here anymore. Go immediately! - Ordered his interlocutor abruptly.-
-Whatever you say. -  Valnak answered, bowing and disappearing.-


He reappeared in a secluded dependence of the university that he had decided to use as centre of operations. The demon exchanged his uniform for human clothing and his appearance for that of a young man with ash-blond hair and blue eyes as he spoke.

-In a little while I will have completed the mission, and when Armageddon is all ready, we will not have to endure the stupidities of that ridiculous Sage, damn fool! By the uselessness of his people our attempts to dominate the universe have failed again and again, but soon it will be different. Armageddon has the greatest power imaginable. I just need to reactivate him so he has control of that body and we will be the masters of the planet. And then we will open the doors to our master. Ha, ha, ha, have a little more patience comrade and friend! We will soon be back together.


And excited at this prospect he set in motion his plan going to talk to the coach of the basketball team. That man did not expect a visit so surprising, more so when after inviting that person to take a seat he identified himself as the "scout" of a major team in training, adding that he was interested in one of the players on campus.

-Could I see him this afternoon when your training is over? - He asked the gentleman in a polite, courteous tone.-
-Of course! Do not worry, I'll tell him. - Said the coach still surprised and proud that one boy of his own team was object of such interest. -
- I'd rather he did not know where I am and not even talk to him. - Valnak rebutted with good judgment. - I do not want to make him nervous and force his style. No doubt you will understand, on these ages boys are altered at once. - He explained with great kindness sketching a wide and complicit smile. -
- Do not worry, I get it. - Said the coach likewise adding with curiosity. - By the way, what team do you represent?
- The "Red Devils" - Valnak replied with patent and sarcastic sense of humour, which obviously his interlocutor could not understand. -
-I have not heard that name, maybe it is the minor commercial leagues. - The coach commented that added, however with obvious complacency. - Very good.
- Yes, but this year we will make a great team, I assure you. - And that boy is the piece that we need to win the championship. You'll see, with him in our ranks, no one could stop us. - The devil smiled visibly amused at the joke he could only understand. –
-Be here as long as you like, my friend. - Replied the coach adding surprised at hearing those words. -
- Then I'll be around. And I will approach him when I deem it appropriate, everything is clear. Of course with your permission, - said the supposed scout. -
- No problem. Talk to him whenever you want. - The coach assured him that he could not hide his pride that one of his players would have caught the attention of a professional league. - I hope there's good news.
-Do not hesitate, it will be wonderful. Could you give me some information about the boy? - Valnak asked. -
- Yes of course. - Smiled the coach removing a filing cabinet from a nearby shelf and opening it to remove a file that offered to his interlocutor. -
- Wow, that's his name Robert Malden. - Commented that particular scout. - Very well, this will support my report, I will return it as soon as possible.
-Oh, do not worry! I have copies. You can keep it if you want. - The coach graciously offered.-
- You do not know how much I appreciate it, it will really be very useful. - Valnak smiled at his interlocutor, then he looked especially at the picture that illustrated the dossier repeating with satisfaction and repeated. - Very, very useful...
-And when will you tell me your final decision? - The coach wanted to know with a barely contained curiosity, pretext in a row. - I just want to tell the boy the good news.
-I'll have to inform my superiors to decide the case. - Valnak replied with studied professional calm. - But he will know soon...
- Thank you very much. - The coach smiled, adding in support of his player. - Believe me, he's a good boy and his greatest desire is to reach that level you say.
- Do not doubt that he will achieve it. I'll take care of that. Be well. - He said goodbye to his partner. -


Valnak shook hands again with the man who felt a sort of electric shock, but he simply smiled, not caring, watching the man leave his office. The demon went away satisfied, giving smiles to anyone who crossed his path...
-

-If I had not been a demon, I could have triumphed as a public relations officer. I can be as kind as most, but it turns out that I prefer to be more cruel and bloodthirsty than anyone. Ha, ha! - He thought full of sarcasm and rejoicing.-


But in spite of the promised silence of the mister the news flew. In the pavilion, the object of Valnak's interest was preparing to train with the rest of his companions. Luckily after the exam and the work he would have a few weeks to prepare the games with peace of mind. He was shooting at basket when one of his teammates, Ozzy, approached him, urging him through whispers.

-Roy, boy come quickly! Here is a guy who asks for you, He says he has seen you in action and is interested in hiring your services.
-Who is he? - The boy asked, looking surprised. -
- I do not know him, he must be a scout. - Said his companion with a shrug. - He's with the coach in his office, and I've heard something they're talking about, go without a second.


His interlocutor looked at him with scepticism and smiled a funny smile.

-Come on, Ozzy, I know you! - He replied with obvious disbelief. -
-I swear to the most sacred, man! This time is no joke. Really. - He assured her again and again. - What's more, I should not tell you, because that guy wanted discretion, but you're my colleague and I could not keep the secret. I think he is from a professional team.


Roy knew Ozzy well from previous years and judging by his expression and words or he had become a magnificent actor or he was telling the truth. For a few seconds he struggled with his suspicions and finally overcame them, driven by the wish that it was true.

-I go right now - he said finally and went straight to the office. -

He wished everything was serious, he thought, if that guy was someone from an important team, he might have a chance. The dreams that his father had instilled in him since he was a child would be a step closer, but he must be patient and cool-headed.

-Do not be nervous, - he said, trying to calm himself. – He must not notice that I am very interested.


But Roy's joy went to a well, that guy was gone before he came. He had knocked on the coach's door after being undecided for a few seconds. If that man had been inside, he would have had any excuse to come in and see him. But when the coach told him he could pass, he was gone. With big curiosity and full of impatience, the boy did not wait a moment to ask anxiously.

-Who was that guy? What did he want from me?
-What guy, Malden? -  The coach asked, pretending not to know who he meant. -
-Come on, coach! - Roy added visibly nervous. - That one who's been talking to you. He was asking about me, was not he? What he has come for?
- Well, he is going to scold you like everyone who comes to see you around here. - The technician replied amused. - What would be it so?


And he said that still reminding the boy of the incident with Bertie. But when he saw Roy's gesture of disappointment, and as he, head down, turned to leave, he stopped him in a conciliatory tone and admitted.

-Wait, Malden, it was a joke. Yes, a guy has come and asked me about you.
-For real? And what did you say? What did he ask? - Exclaimed the young man.-


Roy was quite flustered, shooting questions non-stop. His sympathetic coach let him speak, he waited for a few seconds to stop that downpour and beckoned him to shut up with his hands.

-Calm down, boy, he told me he saw you and he's impressed, then he asked me about you." I have given him your datasheet and I have recommended you, he replied that he will have to study it and consult with his superiors.
-Why did not he talk to me? - The boy wanted to know, a little disconcerted. -
-I do not know, - the coach mumbled, - so he told me, I suppose he will not want to decentralize or give you false hopes. - Although I will tell you one thing, try to do your best, because he warned me that he will be watching without you noticing.
-He wants to see me play, of course! - Roy exclaimed excitedly. - I'll do my best, sir, but I'm a little lost. Could you advise me? ...
- Look, the only thing I can tell you is that you play as always. Which is how he will have seen you. Try to be yourself. And it's curious. - Added the trainer putting his hand to the neck. - I know almost all the scouts of important teams and I've never seen him before.
-But he did not tell the team he was representing. - Roy said, disconcerted. -
- I think he told me that the Red Devils or something like that. I do not know that team.
- Neither to me either - agreed the boy without even thinking about the meaning of that name to conjecture - it must be new, perhaps of some division in expansion, which is why they looked for players.
- Yeah, some of that it was. - Agreed the coach by remembrance. - Whatever is son, I hope you give everything you have. Come on, now go to the training.
-Yes sir, you can be sure that I will! - The boy nodded, ready to train hard. -


So he did and at the end of training he showered and he was going to leave to find his friends to tell him when Melanie crossed with him at the exit of the field.

- Hello, Roy. Are you in a hurry? - She asked in a serious but kind tone. -
- Yes Melanie, I have to go to see Tommy and the girls. – Added him in without stop.-
-If you do not mind, could we talk a moment? - She asked him with too much courtesy to make it superfluous. -Please!


Her interlocutor mentally resisted, he wanted to tell everything to Tom, Bertie and Connie as soon as possible. But Melanie's face did not admit of delay and he inquired.

-What's going on? You seem worried.
-What is it that hurries you so much, Roy? - She asked in turn, momentarily diverting the question. -


He was surprised at the abrupt turn in the conversation, but he could not resist telling her. His companion listened intently to him and smiled at the end, wishing him sincerity...

-I hope you succeed!  , it has always been your greatest desire.
- Yes and I want them to know! Especially Bertie !, he is always saying that basketball was just a sport to pass the time and that he should study more and play less. Let's see what he says now! - He commented with visible enthusiasm. -
"You do not care what she thinks, do you?" Melanie asked with the sadness and discomfort in her eyes. -


Roy was surprised. That tone was very strange in that girl, always smiling or provocative, haughty and even too presumptuous, even angry, but never so down.

-What's wrong? Are you okay? You seem worried. - He was interested. -


She could not help looking away even though she knew the situation could not be postponed any longer and she asked in a low voice.

- Roy, please be honest with me. What do you feel for her?


It was the least that he could have been expected, and the question fell upon him like a mallet. He did not know what to say either. If he was not even sure of the answer. Or maybe he did, but he did not dare admit it.

- I do not know what to tell you Melanie. She is my companion and a great girl. - He could reply doubtfully.-
- You do not fool me, I know you well. - The girl smiled dying her now pretended jovial tone, with a bit of bitterness to ensure this time with hurt sincerity - I never saw you like this with any other woman, not even me! It is sad to have to admit it, but it is so.
- I really do not know what to answer. - He smiled forcibly, wanting to settle that awkward question, to propose in an attempt to get out of the way. - Look, we'd better talk about that. Matter after, now I'm very busy. Please understand, I wasn´t told every day that I can become a professional.
-I understand - she agreed with difficulty. - But give me an answer as soon as possible, please! I have to know.


Her companion only replied with a slight nod and left. And Melanie knew for certain that she had already lost him. The boy thought about that and really could not focus. He had not thought of such a thing, normally he could have used the typical "Baby, I only care about you, or" that girl means nothing, you know that, "but he was incapable of giving such an answer. But he could not say quite the opposite. He was very confused, and on top of that was his fervent desire to succeed. Better forget the emotional mess for now and focus only on that good news. He agreed with himself, when he ran into Tom and the girls were coming out of the cafeteria. He told all of them in an uncontrollable enthusiasm, but he did not want to venture anything but speculation.

-Well - Beruche smiled, very happy for him, but tempered with cold caution. - I hope you are very lucky Roy, in the studies you have to tighten a lot, although when ii comes to basketball you are very good and you strive like no one. I have to admit that there is no doubt about it. But do not forget the work that we have to deliver tomorrow.
- Thanks little cube, that makes me very happy. You see, it's not just a silly game. It can be my life! - He said, laughing very excitedly. - And I will not forget, tomorrow you will have my work. - He affirmed raised a hand as a figurative oath. - I promise.
-I'm sure they'll sign you - Cooan added, not wanting to be less, and who was also very happy for him. -
-Sure friend! And soon we will see you play in a great league. - Tom said in his turn, full of enthusiasm. - Although I hope you give us the tickets, because they are very expensive. - He teased, wringing the smile from his companion. -
-Sure, you'll be my guests if I ever get to play in The Madison. - - He promised. -
- Well, let's celebrate it. - Cooan jovially proposed. -
- No thanks, I mean, I really would like but I have to practice a little more. - He refused. Thanks guys! - He said adding with great joy and hope, - I assure you that your support is very important to me.


He kissed both girls on the cheeks, and slapped Tom on the back, he walked back to the court. The others looked at each other and smiled. Beruche and Cooan felt their hearts beating fast and they shared an identical feeling of joy for their friend. They wish he could make their dream come true as they had. Tom could not help but feel proud. Meanwhile, Roy entered the, at that hour desert field, starting to train once more. Concentrating on his shots to basket, he did not see that man near him. He was a few feet away and looked at him, smiling oddly.

- It must be him. - He thought to discover him, presenting himself with enthusiasm, despite the vain attempt to simulate objectivity. - Hi, my name is Roy Malden, I'm six feet four inches, although I'm in five with sneakers. I play playmaker or guard and I defend consciously, I'm good at stealing balls. Also I have a very good shot of three.


That said, he approached the man who was staring at him without saying anything and held out his hand, he shook it and Roy was surprised by the strange heat that radiated and the electric shock that let go.

- I already know you, I know everything that is needed about you. - Said the man quietly. -
-I hope my coach has not been too hard on me - the boy grinned nervously. - Do not believe everything he said, ha, ha!
- None of that, what's more, you're the missing piece, the one we've been looking for a long time. With you on our side we will be invincible – His interlocutor assured him.-
-Hey, that's not so bad - Roy said modestly, incredulous at what he heard. -I do not know what game you have seen me play in, but I'm not a star either.
-You still do not know your true potential, that's why I'm here, so you can find out, - the guy answered. -
-What do you mean? Should I train more? To what? - The boy inquired candidly. -
-Something like that. - That visibly funny guy smiled. -
-Let me give you a demonstration!  - He asked him heading for the track, there he threw several shots into a basket, and then he made several dunks. - What do you think? - He wanted to know hopefully. -
- Hahaha! - The man's laughter soon turned into a hysterical laugh that reverberated throughout the court. Roy began to suspect something strange looking at him in surprise. - You're a fool! I think you still do not know what we're actually talking about. You still do not know who I am, do you?
-Should I know you? - He replied, changing his jovial tone to another one of uneasiness. - What if this guy belonged to a major league and was offended that he was not recognized him?


But then the man, with a gleaming red gaze, pronounced.

- I must admit that I'm going to feel sorry to have to wake you, as human you are very funny. I'll miss some good fun, but you'll thank me for it.


And without further delay Valnak transformed his false countenance into his habitual one.

-Who are you? – Roy could ask shocked while the man kept laughing. - You do not belong to any basketball team, do you? Are you another of those demons?


To the astonishment and horror of the boy, the man rose in the air and wrapped himself in a long black cloak. Nowhere did he change his outfit into a black armour, with two tridents drawn on each shoulder. He looked at his prey from top to bottom with slow, theatrical indifference to respond with irony.

- Yes and no. I will introduce myself, my name is Valnak, but I am not any ordinary demon. I am captain of the Horde of demons. And you, stupid, will be my best friend soon!
-What do you mean, damn it? Are you the one who has been attacking us all this time? Hey? - Roy spat, clenching his fists. -
-Amazing! how clever you are! - His interlocutor laughed derisively. - No, you're not as stupid as you seem.
-I will not let you do anything to my friends! - The boy replied resolutely, also rising in the air. -
-Well, you have mastered the flight technique on your own! - Valnak exclaimed surprised to add with arrogant rejoicing. -Impressive, but that will not do you any good against me.-
-But this will do! - Roy responded at the same time that he attacked with a punch. -


Valnak easily avoided it, and hitting his opponent in the stomach, then he gave him another blow on the back and threw him to the ground. He landed next to the boy who ached from the attack without being able to get up.

-Oh Roy, do not make me so difficult! Look, - the demon said with surprising cordiality. – This is not really personal. - You are simply in a body that interests us, which belongs to one of my best comrades.
- I do not understand what you mean. - He gasped, getting up at last. -
- I can imagine that. You see ... - Valnak explained with unusual patience. - My companion and friend Armageddon, a demon of the fourth hierarchy, dwells within you. He is the rightful owner of that body. He was since you were born in this world. We put you here to fulfil an important mission. There is no other destiny for you Roy, you must believe what I say.
- I have no idea what you're talking about. But that was I dreamt about destiny! It was you! - Replied his interlocutor, putting himself on his guard again, remembering those words of his dreams. -


In spite of this his antagonist did not alter his confident countenance and continued explaining with aplomb.

- I'm not very aware of everything, as far as I know, there was an error in bringing you and then certain meddlers and a miserable traitor prevented us from reaching you. But all this is no longer important because it is time for you to wake up and fulfil your mission.
-What committed? - You must be out of your mind! Roy snapped at him. -


The young man got up trying to hit him once again. However he could avoid to suffer a new counterattack in the form of a blow to his enemy that left him on his knees in front of the demon.

- You have the duty to help me to grant the cross of our master and his legions to this dimension, imagine a world dominated by the demons! - He declared with enthusiasm. - It will be something great, we will kill and enslave all humans and nobody can prevent it!
-I'll never let you! - The young man shouted encouragingly.-


And gathering his strength to get up he wanted to attack his opponent, however Valnak took some of his armour and squeezed in his hand causing his opponent to fall to the ground writhing in pain. When the demon opened his hand he showed a tight photograph of the boy, which he extracted from the dossier, which he now smoothed with mime to add triumphantly.

- Really, I do not wish you to end up so badly, Roy. I have nothing personal against you. I told you, I even like you. I offer you the chance to surrender. Let Armageddon dominate you and you will live in the depths of this body. You will be able to serve him and serve yourself of his pleasures - Valnak said and adding condescendingly. - Without going any further. When we dominate the world, you can take as concubine that girl that you like so much. And she will submit enchanted to the power of darkness, she did it once. She's used to being a puppet! - The demon smiled with a gesture full of rejoicing. -
-Do not you dare put your hand on her, bastards! I will destroy you with my hands! - He spat at him, taking his hands to his chest and stomach as though he were trying to hold unbearable pain while he could barely speak. -No ... I will ... I will.

Valnak nodded nonchalantly.

-You idiot, you will be possessed equally. I just wanted to make it easy for you. The truth is that if you fight against it will cost a little more but it is already going. Armageddon will eventually dominate you sooner or later.
-We'll see that! - He challenged his interlocutor with fury conjectured. What if I kill myself before you get it, you fucking son of a bitch? Would that devil die with me?


Now his rival visibly paled, he had not anticipated that. And that human was stupid enough or maybe the word would be audacious and likely capable to do it! That would put a damper on everything! And that boy guessed it by looking at his face and adding with rejoicing.

-I knew it! What are you going to do to Valnak! I think I'll see you in Hell anyway. - He nodded, crawling toward the exit ready for anything, but the demon stepped in to squeeze the photo. Roy fell into a scream of pain. -...
-I've wasted too much time on you! If you do not accept it willingly, you will be forced in a bad way. It does not matter to me! - Valnak snapped out of his armour, pulling out the pentacle he had used earlier with Roy now glowing with an intense reddish glow. His prey shouted again a victim of acute pain while the devil invoked - Signacula contriti sunt, liberare carcere! break the seals and be released from your prison, wake Armageddon, I invoke you! ...


Roy screamed more and more, squirming on the floor as if something inside him had torn apart. At last he fainted at being unable to bear the pain any longer. Valnak, laughing, levitated again as he said.

- It's done, now I just have to wait for him to wake up. Then I will return – And having said that he disappeared with another roar of laughter leaving his defenceless victim alone in the pavilion. -



After a while the boy woke up totally confused, everything was quiet and there was no trace of that mysterious individual. He barely remembered anything about that conversation. In fact he would have thought it had only been a nightmare if something was not eating him inside. He stood up as best he could and returned to his room. Tom slept, he did not wake him, he went to bed and tried to sleep too, and perhaps with rest he overcame that. That night he had horrible nightmares. Those who had martyred him for a long time now became much clearer, bringing him memories that he believed buried forever within him, battles, slaughters, and destruction. Little by little something broke through his mind, his soul, relegating him to the forgetfulness of his personality and the boy became aware of his true self...


The next morning Tom woke up and as usual. He prepared to do the same with his friend, he always overslept. But, on that occasion, the bed appeared perfectly made and Roy was not there. At first he was surprised, but then he smiled, Roy probably would have spent the night in a girl's room or maybe on the court training. He went to breakfast expecting to see you there. The two sisters also went to the cafeteria when they met their partner, the three sat down to breakfast.

-Hey, Tom, how come Roy is not with you? - Cooan wanted to know, somewhat surprised, since it was not usual. -
-He must have got up before me, - he grinned. - I have not seen him yet.
- Maybe he's training. He will want to be ready for your test. - The girl ventured. -
- That boy does always the same, he has already forgotten that he had to help me with a summary of literature. Look, I warned him yesterday! I'm sure he didn´t not listen. He will hear me when I find him! - Her sister frowned angrily.-
-Hey Roy! - Cooan had seen his companion and waved to him, and he went there, surprising Bertie in the middle of her speech. -
-Hi Roy!  I'm surprised you're so early riser. - Tom smiled sarcastically.-
-Yes - added Beruche, -but I am not surprised that you did not bring me your part of the summary. What a cross I have with you! But what have I done to deserve such a lazy companion? -She said with her arms crossed. -
-You mean this? - The boy replied in an uncharacteristic cold tone as he pulled out of the backpack carrying a folder with typed pages. - Is this what you wanted?


Bertie took the folder in her hands and opened it. Astonished she could see that the whole summary was there, she head down and apologized.

-I'm sorry, I misjudged you this time.
-It’s natural princess. - Roy replied with a wry smile. - I've always been lazy. But that is already over, now I have a very important job to do. And besides, I gave you my word. And I never miss her. At least with you...


They all looked at him with a look of surprise, especially Beruche. Why did he call her that? Although she remembered that time in the pit and smiled. Tom also noticed something and said more unconcerned.

-Of course! It is related to that man of the basketball team.
-Exactly! - Said his interlocutor. -
-I like that, Roy! You are facing your responsibilities. I hope this attitude of yours will last - declared her classmate with sincere approval. -
-You bet - he said coldly, his gaze rigid. -


Bertie realized that something was not right, normally that remark would have made her laugh, but she noticed something strange in him. That was not the guy she knew, but she thought it was because he was nervous about the test so she did not give more importance to that. They entered the classroom and it developed with a Roy in silence, not a joke, not a laugh, not even some impersonal comment with which he used to try to entertain them both.

-Are you all right? - Asked Beruche, surprised at the change in attitude. -
-I'm perfectly fine, - it was his terse reply that he said nothing again. -


And that the class was being pretty boring, but even Bertie could not imagine what would happen. Suddenly, and for no apparent reason, Roy stood up to the shock of everyone, including Mr. Palmer, the professor of that hour, who at once reacted.

-Mr. Malden, what are you doing standing up? Is that a joke of yours? - Laughers smothered in the classroom as his companions feared something similar. - Maybe my class is not interesting enough for you? - He asked wryly. -
-You said so - Roy smiled smugly enough to declare with indifferent coldness. - And I'm not going to waste any more time here.


Everyone was perplexed, Beruche herself could not believe what she had heard and she tugged on an arm of her companion as she whispered.

- But, what are you saying? Are you crazy?
- Wow! - Palmer said indignantly over that disrespect, too much even for that boy. - Maybe you'd do better.
-Of course, - he assured him at once, making the professor even angrier. -
-Very well, Malden, I have had enough of you! -  He snapped, gesturing with his hands to the stage. - If you're so smart, show it to us all at once, you're going to give the class! If you do well you will have an honours degree, but if not, I will fail you without any option for recovery and you know what that means, you will be expelled from the university! ... What do you think of that, Mr. Bold? What do you decide? It's about time you got a good lesson. – The teacher challenged him, granting nevertheless a way of retreat before the gravity of the situation. - But you can still sit and apologize and I will forget this incident.

However, Roy laughed at everyone's astonishment, Beruche desperately whispered again.

-For what you love the most, apologize and sit down!  Do not you see that you are playing with your future?
-Apologize myself?  But if I have only speak the truth, - replied the boy, with a malevolent laughter. - Now you'll see! - He smiled at the stunned girl and went to the blackboard asking jovially to the professor - what subject do you want me to explain? Please, -he added, with a fake voice between paternal and honeyed- Try to ask for anything worth and not a ridiculous chatter like yours.
- So that is what you think, eh? - Palmer cried out, opening the book on the agenda for the end. -your grave has been dug here, Malden! - Sentenced to add pointing a page of the book. - The Mathematical Theory of Chaos. Explain that and I want it perfect.
- One moment, sir. Tom said, rising too, his face pale as the rest of the class was. Nobody made the sliest sound. - We have not studied that, he cannot know it, please!  Ask for a subject at the beginning of the course at least.
-Shut up, Mr. Rodney, and sit down! Your companion boasts of being a better teacher than I am, let him prove it! Or he will have to face the music. - The professor replied inflexibly. -



Tom had no choice but to obey, looking at his companion in awe and very worried. The rest of the class was astonished, not to say frightened. Melanie herself could not understand what the hell Roy was doing and watched him uneasily. It might have to do with that of the scout. But that boy would never behave like that. Only Roberts shook his head with a half-smile, thinking how stupid that boy was. He had just expelled himself! No one could believe what they were witnessing. Tom was still looking at him in a hurry, but his friend smiled at him and said without showing any concern.

- Easy, that theory is my favourite. He could not choose better. - And without further delay he took a chalk and began the explanation, saying to everyone's amazement. -
 - "The Chaos Theory is the popular denomination of the branch of mathematics, physics and other sciences that treats certain types of dynamic systems very sensitive to the variations in the initial conditions. Small variations in these initial conditions may imply large differences in future behaviour, making long-term prediction impossible. This happens even though these systems are strictly deterministic, that is; its behaviours can be completely determined knowing its initial conditions "... (Fragment extracted from Wikipedia)


Beruche listened to him, unable to believe it. That could not be his companion! All this time they'd been together she had come to know him well, and the speaker could certainly look like Roy, but he was not him at all. She also felt something from the moment she saw him that morning. A sort of coldness, of darkness when she looked at him, and she shivered, unable to help herself. It reminded her too much of her past life in Nemesis when they all were dominated by the terrible power of the Wiseman.

-Oh God!  I hope I am wrong. - She thought in horror.


            Meanwhile the boy continued to write numerous complicated formulas and to the amazement of Professor Palmer and the whole class his explanation was masterful. After exposing the useful applications of this theory in the field of meteorology, economics and other sciences, he said.

- "A crisis of perception approaches. The complexity of the world has led the human being to simplify reality. To abstract nature to make it knowable and, sadly, to fall into the trap of duality. Good and bad, objective and subjective, up and down. Many scientists have already renounced the illusion of order to devote himself to the study of chaos, which accepts the world as it is, an unpredictable totality. “(Fragment of a web page, http://www.iac.es/gabinete/difus/ciencia/silbia/caos.htm is not mine) Friends, I conclude that Chaos is a universe in itself. In reality it is the true universe and the one that will dominate all the others. Soon, very soon the real kingdom of Chaos will arrive and the Phantom of Death will take the Prince of Darkness with him. To re-sink the Cosmos into the original Nothingness. Chaos Dominus mundi. - He said, giving the chalk to the astonished professor as he said sarcastically. - Do you have any questions? I hope I have explained it in terms that are affordable for you.


Beruche and Cooan felt shivers, that the Ghost of Death was too familiar to forget it! That was the occult power that led to the destruction of the inhabitants of their world and controlled them through the Wiseman!

-It's incredible, incredible! - Palmer muttered that did not leave his astonishment as the rest of the class whose members did not stop looking at each other astonished. -
-Then keep your word! - A covenant is a covenant! - Roy demanded dryly. -
- You have your honour degree, you can leave if you wish. - Admitted the defeated teacher without being able to stop looking at these formulas, too complicated even for himself. -
-Very well, because I, a prominent member of the Circle of Knowledge and Science, I am too busy to waste time with this nonsense. - He replied haughtily and without saying more, he left the class. -


Palmer did not feel well after that and ended the class. When the others came out commenting on what had happened between them, Beruche, Tom and Cooan went in search of Roy. They found him sitting on a bench, indifferent and with a half-sinister smile decorating his face. Bertie was going to tell him something, when Melanie stepped forward.

-Oh Roy! This I did not expect from you, you're a genius! - She commented in wonder. -
-Of course I am - he said with a cold smile - and you still do not know half of it, do you remember that I promised to give you an answer?" -
-Will you? - She asked hopefully. What is it? -She wanted to know, not without some fear. -
-This one, baby. - He took her in his arms and kissed her passionately with her surprised stare. -


Melanie was very happy, it seemed that Roy had been her again, but the kiss was prolonged too much and already lacked the oxygen, she separated and said between gasps but with a smile, believing that everything was due to the boy's passion towards she.

- Oh, Roy, that's enough. I cannot breathe. Will not you try to drown me?
-And what does it matter? - He smiled again. - Enjoy while you can and you will die in a very nice way. Not like the rest...


The girl was startled to hear him that did not sound like a joke and that tone were very cold and terrible. Suddenly, without her being able to pull away, Roy grabbed her by the neck and pulled her to him, kissing her again, and this time it was horrible. Her mouth burned and she tried desperately to break free with frantic spasms. At the same time that he manipulated her brazenly reaching to their most intimate parts to the horror of the rest of the students.

-That's enough, Roy, - Tom said, really astonished and frightened. - Even as nasty joke is more than enough.


The boy released her then, throwing her to the ground with contempt. Melanie stood up as she could between gasping for breath and tears in her eyes.

-Are you crazy? - She screamed in fury and fear. - You almost killed me!
-So what? - Said Roy in such a sinister way that everyone was startled, even more so when he sentenced. - You're no use to me! Everything I wanted from you I already have!
-You're a pig! - She shrieked, feeling humiliated and especially frightened. - I never thought you were like this! I do not want to see you again!
- Look, what a pity. - He smiled to add as if it were a whiplash. - And you're just a bitch! You strut and behave like a vulgar harlot and I've treated you like that. Do you think that for me you are something else? You're lucky I have other more important things to attend to. But do not worry, when I finish my duties, I'll take care of you later.



Melanie wanted to reply, but the icy look of him, full of perversity, paralyzed her. She could only sob and run off with a fit of nerves, Roy's comrades flinched in fear. Only Roberts, who had just arrived and watched the last scenes, approached him visibly furious. That had been the last insult, and the cup of his patience was full. The opportunity he was waiting to set the score with this idiot. Although he had not even imagined that such a punk might have committed such an outrage, he was sure to make him to pay for it. Malcolm was far more than furious, but even so, he did not want to provoke a scuffle that could drive them both ejected and stood before that guy with a menacing ultimatum, urging him through a thunderous scream.

-Damn, I'm going to kill you, you're a pig! - Right now you're going to go and apologize to her or...
-Or what? - Roy asked with indifference and a haughty look. -
-Or I'll break your face right here! - He trembled with rage. -


The truth is that Roberts was a dreadful rival, especially in that state of anger. When he got angry, no one dared to approach him. He had occasionally sent someone to the hospital and only by random blows in the field. He used to be a quiet guy even if it seemed the opposite because he was prone to irritation easily. With Roy he had never finished congenial, nevertheless never had challenged him in spite of everything. He was usually peaceful and he was only prone to an apparent anger and some screaming. But now, really angry and out of his mind because of the terrible mistreatment his companion had given Melanie, no one knew what he would be able to do! With a single punch he seemed to be able to split a table in two. Tom, very frightened by his friend, stepped in trying to calm him down.

- Be calm Roberts you don’t need to come to this. I'm sure Roy will apologize. Neither do I understand how he could behave like this, there must be a reason...


But the giant, for now unrelated, pushed him away like a doll.

- You do not get into this Rodney, this is not going with you. I have nothing against you. But if you defend him you will have to face the music too. - He threatened angrily. -
-You're a clown! - Roy spat, pouring more wood into the fire to the horror of the others. - You do not even reach the sole of my shoes. You'd better console that Melanie slut if you're man enough to do it. Or do you want me to do it? I know what she likes and I'm already used to provide her. He remarked with a mocking smile running a hand through the crotch.-


This was too much for Roberts, blind of anger rushed without thinking against his rival. He even pulled away three guys who catch him holding him, throwing them several yards against soil. But when he sent his fist against his goal, he held it with one hand without any apparent effort.

-What's wrong with you? Has your strength gone? Is this the paladin of the aggrieved maid? -Damn it! - His rival mocked with ironic and derogatory smiles. -You're nothing but a fool! - He spat in his voice, charged with insulting contempt. -


His opponent was amazed, despite his anger and his strength he was not able to move his opponent an inch. It was as if that other boy paralyzed him only with the look, but unfortunately he did not settle for that. He struck Roberts in the stomach with such strength as to make him bend over himself. Then he grabbed one arm and broke it, the boy fell to the ground screaming in pain. Not showing the slightest mercy, Roy kicked him, and as if he were a skinhead, he lifted him up with a hand holding him by the neck, and the terrified boys and girls in the vicinity who witnessed such a scene could not even move for fear of having a similar deal

-You're going to die, stupid! That will teach you to stand face to face against me. - He hissed at his adversary.-


Only Beruche was able to intervene by imploring him in horror.

-Please, you're going to kill him, Roy!  What's happening to you?


He stared at her, his eyes now reflecting an internal struggle, he let go of Roberts who fell to the floor half unconscious by the beating. Then he put his hands to his head and screamed in a tone that sounded like his usual but deeply terrified.

-My God, what is happening to me?  I cannot stand against him, I cannot...


Most of his companions turned away, overcome with astonishment and terror. Roy traversed the perimeter of their faces with his own disjointed face. He did not want to hurt anyone, but he could not control the beast that was stirring inside him. In fact, this protest had been almost the last flick of his will. He could only escape, ran out of there, Beruche, Tom and Cooan were the only ones who dared to follow him, reaching him in an adjoining room, no one else came. When they saw him, Roy was kneeling on the floor screaming in pain. Bertie, with visible terror and concern, reached him.

-What do you have? How can I help you? - She asked very frightened.-
-He wants to take me! Do not let him, please do not let him! None of you will escape alive if he succeeds. - Roy howled, his face broken with despair. - I'm very scared, please help me!
-Who? A demon? -Asked the girl visibly distressed. - What can I do?
-My head is going to explode, I only see horrible things!  Help me I beg you! - He repeated between sobs of impotence. -
-How? What can we do? - All his friends now asked him as desperate as lost and helpless. -
-Only true love can save me. Love and friendship ... he gasped as if he could not breathe, he could barely whisper. - I sense that he takes over my soul, you must escape from here before it's too late. Go away I beg you!
-No, we will not abandon you! - Bertie moaned, hugging him. - You must fight whatever is hurting you!
- We'll never leave you alone. - Added Cooan, in spite of everything trembling of fear and embraced by Tom that also was very frightened. –


His poor companion gradually stopped panting, covered his face with his hands and his face was not visible, at last there was silence, it seemed more tranquil. Beruche, trusting that this crisis had passed, whispered to him with loving concern...

-Roy? Are you better? -  There was no answer. - Roy how are you feeling?


At last they heard something, a sarcastic laugh and a strange tone of voice that answered leaving them icy.

- I am very well, it was many centuries ago that I was not as wonderful as now...


And without warning he let go of his companion, throwing her to the floor with a swipe. Then he got up, but it was not the same, his eyes twinkled reddish, his gesture was broken with a rictus of madness and again laughed, but it was a hideous laugh that rumbled throughout the room. Bertie and the others stepped back in shock.

-Roy, what's wrong with you? Answer please! - asked Tom in a low voice, product of fear. -
-You're scaring us all a lot - Cooan stammered, helping her to join her paralyzed sister. -


And the one who they believed it was his friend looked at them and after sketching a sardonic smile tinged with perversity sentenced in a guttural voice that froze the blood to all.

-Roy Malden is dead! I am Armageddon the destroyer of worlds, captain of the demonic Horde and your end, miserable humans ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!


None of the three could move, all were petrified by the terror that invaded their minds and souls, only the demonic laughter of Armageddon was heard in such as sepulchral silence.



                      previous                                                  next


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Por favor, si sois tan amables y no os es molestia, comentar vuestras impresiones sobre lo que habéis leído. Me vendría muy bien para mejorar y conocer vuestras opiniones sobre mis historias. Muchas gracias. ;)