miércoles, 26 de julio de 2017

GWA26E

Chapter 26. Cooan vs Saila.


The altered girl finally made her way to Tom's room and stood before the door. She took a long breath trying to calm her face and wipe away tears. She reviewed her appearance using a hand mirror, and once she was sure of presenting a better look she braced herself and called.

- Who is there? - asked the boy from the inside. -
-It's me Tom, open the door, please - the girl's voice answered. -


He worked his way by moving around the wheels of his chair and opened the latch. She hesitated for a moment and finally opened the door, founding her companion staring out the window.

- What do you want? - He asked with dispassion without turning to look at her. -
-I came to invite you to the cinema - she smiled. -Today they show an interesting film.
- Look, I do not feel like leaving. I'd rather be alone, - he replied dryly. -
-But I do not think it's good that you stay here and do nothing. - The girl said with concern. -


The boy turned now to face her with a hard stare. Her mate was astonished and then he retorted with bad brusqueness.

-Connie, if you do not mind, I'd appreciate it if you did not get into my life, I can take care of myself.
-But Tom, I love you - his companion dared to murmur. -
- No, you pity me and I do not want that. What I really need is being alone. You better leave. I don´t want you being over me. - He said, leaving her frozen and adding even more firmly. - We'd better stop seeing each other Connie, because I do not feel the same way about you anymore.
-But I, - she stammered with tears in her eyes, unable to believe what she was hearing. -
- Now leave me alone, please. - He asked for it more gently, but in identical pose. -


The boy turned his chair again to turn his back to her and stared out the window without saying anything else. She was there, stunned, hurt and dazed ... and barely mumbled.

-I…


The shocked girl wanted to say something, but the words did not come out, tears fell down her face and she could not resist it any more. Before them, an impassable barrier seemed to have risen. Even Tom wanted to leave him alone. Could he have realized that his situation was due to her lack of decision? No, Cooan knew, he had no idea of ​​her true identity. But that made it even harder, now that she really wanted him, he rejected her. This was much more than she could bear, she ran out of the room. One way or another, the story she had with Rubeus had been repeated. But his companion was also desolate and his eyes were full of tears. He did not want to be loved for pity, despite his feelings for Connie, or precisely for them, he did not want the girl he was in love was with him just out of pity. So he was able to recite everything he had been mentally preparing and endured with dignity until she was gone. Then he could not help crying.

-I'm sorry, - he sobbed. - I wish it did not have to be this way!


Meanwhile Saila had come to college and assumed the appearance of Cooan. Following the path she headed for Tom's room. The real one came into her own room crying. Beruche was trying to forget the problem. Striving to study without getting it. Then she saw her come in like a torrent and rush into bed. Without missing a moment she embraced her younger sister, suspecting that her worst fears had been confirmed and ready to follow Melanie's suggestion.

- Forgive me, you were right! - Cooan confessed between the crying. - I've been a fool and I've made him suffer, he told me he does not want to see me, but then. What will I do? I do not feel sorry for him, I love him. How can I prove him? How could I prove it to everyone? - She wailed in despair. -


Her interlocutor felt very bad for her, but not only because of the situation that the poor girl was going through. She had misjudged her and her sister evidently felt something for Tom, and it could not be summed up only in pity or guilt. When she had really fallen in love with him, bad luck wanted to put them in this situation. But unfortunately, the boy would never believe it. If even Beruche herself had not believed her sister who had already broken her heart too many times.

-Just do what he asked - she whispered, trying to comfort her as sweetly as she could. - Do not be harassing him, you must clarify with him, but be patient, give him time. Do not get discouraged. You'll see, you'll get him to believe you, just like I do now.
- Yes, you're right, I have to go back to talk to him, we cannot end this way. I know this time it is different from the others. I'll talk to him more calmly. Thanks Bertie.
-Good luck and when you have cleared everything Roy and I will wait for you in the library. Together we will overcome this. She encouraged her, wiping away her tears, and added as Cooan was about to leave. - I know that everything will be fixed. -
-Thank you. She smiled, adding. – I so sorry for the horrible things I said to you...
-They were true. That is why I value love and its strength so much now, - said Bertie. - And for that very reason, I think you both love each other and that you will overcome this situation.


            Her sister nodded hopefully leaving the room and Beruche stayed there wishing her good fortune from the bottom of her heart.

-Have faith in yourself, and have faith in him. You both deserve to be happy. - She mumbled when she saw her go.-


            Although she could not entertain much, she did remember that she had an appointment with Roy in the library. After the incident with her sister the girl called him. After a little rest she told him what happened and the boy proposed that plan. What's more, it was a date for all four. She wish those two could meet with them once they clarified everything. In turn, her little sister wiped her tears and smiled. She ran to Tom's room, anxious to get things sorted out. She was not going to leave him that way and she was convinced that the boy would come to realize that, in truth, and beyond any other feeling, she loved him. A moment before, the boy heard again as they knocked on the door.

- Who is it? - He wanted to know, annoyed by a new intrusion. -
-It's me, sweetie, -He heard Cooan's sweet voice. - Open the door, I have to tell you something.
- I told you to leave! - Replied the man with bad moods. -


However, the door opened and the girl entered, she seemed very smiling. Tom was surprised and did not like that expression on her face.

-I do not understand, - he reproached her incredulously. - Did not I tell you clearly before you left me alone? What are you playing?
-You should not be angry. - Cooan smiled. - I just came to cheer you up. If I said or did something that bothered you I beg your pardon. I'm sorry, but I'll make it up to you now. - She stated getting to her knees and stroking the boy's legs. Although to Tom astonishment she rose with her hands to other places less decorous. -
- But what are you doing? - The boy asked surprised and very disconcerted. Connie had never behaved that way. - You do not usually act like that. What's wrong? - He insisted on trying to get out of it, which far from pleasing him, was very violent. - I beg you, please do not keep this up.
-Tom, there are many things you do not know about me, - she smiled wickedly to tell him, - and it's time you found out.
-I know, about your old life, - he replied, unable to hide his astonishment. - What else is there to know?
- Would not you like to see me as I was before? - She proposed as she sat on his knees. -Look. She stood up and a scarlet glow enveloped her. -


            Tom covered his eyes, stunned. Looking back, he spotted the girl dressed in a very strange way, in a darker purple striped suit and matching skirt, similar to a tutu. On her forehead she wore a kind of jewel set in violet colour and engraved in it the drawing of a black crescent moon with the tips down. The boy could not articulate a word.

-But ... what does this mean? - He could finally say, unable to stop his gape. -
 - That was me in my true appearance. What do you think? Do not you find me more attractive? -The girl asked him in a sweet whisper. -
-You do not behave like that - Tom replied, despite the surprise, he felt something strange in her. - Really, are you okay? Hey, I did not mean to be rough with you before, if that's why you are doing this... forgive me...


But her mate did not allow him to continue covering his mouth with one hand while sketching a malevolent smile.

- I feel better than ever. And I feel liberated. - She said giving him a kiss on his lips. - And now you're going to find out how much liberal I could be...


The boy did not know what to think. Where was that the good, sweet girl he'd fallen in love with? It could not be. Could it be his fault? He had told her terrible things just to keep her away. Perhaps he had upset her. He hoped not. Just then there was a knock at the door, and his whole body shuddered at the sound of concern in Connie's voice.

- Please, Tom, open me, we need to talk. -She knocked again at the door, adding. - I'm so sorry! I should not have bothered you so much. We need time ... now I know. I'm just asking you that...


He stared at the woman in front of him, she was just like Connie, she had the same voice, but something in her eyes told him it was not her, that the real one was out there.

- Who are you? - Tom asked between fear and amazement. -


Finding herself uncovered, the false Cooan gave him a burlesque look and laughed.

-It's a pity, human, but you're going to die without knowing it, - She said, her fingernails lengthening as if they were long blades. - Die bastard! -She shrieked, trying to stab her victim.


Fortunately, Tom was quick, holding his aggressor's wrists as he could, and begging for help.

-Help, Connie, help me please! - He screamed desperately as he struggled to keep the woman from digging her nails into his chest. -


The surprised girl heard the screams of the interior and tried to open, but it was closed. There was no time for consideration, and with a kick she jumped that weak bolt opening the door and finding herself facing her twin. She was puzzled. Tom had a long scratch on the chest of blood, but otherwise he was safe. The devil turned away from him, facing Cooan himself.

- Who are you? - Inquire the real one, between stunned and enraged - Why do you pretend to be me and how have you dressed like that?
- What happens to you Kermesite Ayakashi of the Black Moon clan? Her evil twin smiled. - Are you afraid of facing your bad half? - She inquired sarcastically and as she spoke she recovered her demonic uniform and her face became that of the devil Saila, with hair and red eyes, sentencing with sadistic pleasure. - Now I'll kill you both together.  Justiciera, or, rather, traitorous. Your time has come!
- What did she say? - Interviewed the surprised boy. - You!
- Yes, Tom. - She calmly admitted adding with determination and fury - and this time I will not let you suffer more because of me. Pure heart of fire, give me the power! – She invoked and transformed. To the astonishment of her companion after a spectacle of lights more than remarkable reappeared in his attire of Justiciera and jumped to the devil. - Now I'm going to destroy you dammed monster!
- Poor stupid! - Saila scoffed, throwing a bolt of lightning at her adversary who pushed her into the room. -I'll kill you first, and then I'll ruin your sweetheart, - she asserted, turning to Tom with her fangs and adding to her foe in a deceptively honeyed voice. - But if you tell me where the stone is nothing will happen to him.
- What stone? - He wanted to know the stunned boy, not understanding at all what that meant. -
-All I'll give you is a hit with a stone in the middle of your fucking head! - Snarled the angry Cooan. -


The Justiciera had risen as she retorted this, preparing her counterattack, but the devil was quicker turning to her and howling as she launched a fireball against her rival...

- Then die! ...


Fortunately the girl was able to dodge and counterattack with her beams, they hit each other that the devil have sent and for a long moment they held out. But the one of the succubus was more powerful and ended up rejecting the one of the Justiciera. Cooan was sent back against the wall, being wounded by the discharge and the impact.

- LOL! - Saila laughed, slowly approaching her enemy, who barely struggled to her feet. Rejoicing in the precarious situation of her impending victim, the devil snapped. - Say goodbye to life! She was going to finish her off when something pulled one of her legs hard and made her fall. - What? What's going on?


It was Tom who had gathered energy to help Cooan. He had laboriously approached, taking advantage of the fact that his adversary was absorbed in the fight. So gathered all his strength he managed to make her lose her balance. But the angry devil soon got up and beat him by throwing him out of the chair.
-I'll kill you right now for daring to interrupt me, you damn disabled!
- No, you will not! Because you're going to die before! - The justice could say that she had recovered enough to materialize her bow of fire. - Flame arrow attacks!


From it she shot an arrow that pierced the succubus' throat causing her to burst into horrible screams. Cooan rushed toward the boy to protect him from the explosion and when it passed she collapsed exhausted. He crawled up to her and hugged her

-Connie. Are you alright? Please answer! He asked her visibly disturbed. -


The girl took a few agonizing seconds to open her eyes. He sighed relieved embracing her with more strength, finally she corresponded holding him in her arms as well.

- Thank God! - He could say with obvious emotion and relief. - I thought that explosion would have...


            She did not let him continue, covering his lips with a kiss. Finally, on parting, the girl was able to respond, also affected by her feelings of relief, guilt, and even her love for him.

-I will not let them ever hurt you. I would die for you! And this time it would not be a worthless sacrifice.
- No ... do not say that, never say that. - He asked her really shocked. -


The girl looked at him now with tears in her eyes and could only add.

-Oh Tom, forgive me, you've been about to die like again because of me. I will never again endanger you!
-No, I'm alive thanks to you, - he replied, trying to comfort her, and then he sensed the girl. - Like the other time, right? It was you who killed that demon to save me.
- If I had not feared to reveal my identity this would not have happened, you are paralyzed because of me. I can understand that you hate me. - Cried the tormented girl, bursting into tears. - And you do not want to see me anymore!


He, perplexed, took time to react. They were too many things. That poor girl imagined all that! These days must have been a hell of guilty and restless hell for her. And the look in her eyes did not lie. That was not pity in them...

-No, Connie, - he said softly, caressing her cheek as he removed her mask. - I could never hate you. That would have happened equally. I was the one who insisted on fighting an enemy that surpassed me in strength. But for you I would face an entire legion of demons. I would do it again, whether I had known what was going to happen or not.
-You saved my life Tom, I love you, since before this happened.  Please believe me! - The excited Cooan begged him. -
- Now I know, and I'm sorry I doubted you. And I love you too. - He acknowledged, and they both hugged each other harder. - But you have to tell me so many things. I could help you. - The boy offered himself. -
-No Tommy, - she said uneasily, adding. - I do not want you to be in danger again because of me. I'll never let that happen to you again. Now I know that I would give my life for you, and this time would not be a mistake ... - She sighed repeating that. -
- What do you mean? - The boy asked with a surprised gesture. –


Cooan sighed, as if she was gathering courage and being brave enough to say something that was going to be very difficult...

- You'll see Tom. You know what I was like in my old life, but you do not know why everything changed.
- Yes, you told us. - He said he thought he knew. - When the sailors helped you.
- I'd like to tell you everything. - She declared that, after placing the wheelchair and helping him to sit down, she got down on her knees beside him and told him with the boy's attentive gaze on her.- When I was part of the Black Moon clan I was in love with my boss Rubeus. I thought he shared my feelings. He never told me otherwise. He was always very gallant and charming to me. And that led me to believe that he loved me too. I was a stupid naïve, I know. Only thinking about that and the success of our mission. I believed that would make him happy, I promised to kill Chibiusa, the daughter of Sailor Moon of the Future. The poor girl had fled into the past to seek help! We came to prevent it and destroy the defences of the future Crystal Tokyo.
-Yes, I know that-  Tom insisted, nodding. -


Though Cooan shook her head to deny this supposition and then revealed him with dismay.

-What you do not know is that when I confronted Rei I was about to kill her, with her friend Yuuichirou and the girl. Luckily Tuxedo Kamen prevented it. It distracted me enough that Sailor Mars attacked me leaving me badly wounded. Then Rubeus appeared.
-And he helped you fight, - Tom guessed. -


But to her surprise she denied it again, letting the tears fall on her face.

-I thought so when I saw him show up. But he just looked at me with disdain and said that I had failed and that he would never see me again. I begged him, I asked him to fight on my side. I was willing to sacrifice my life in battle. When he refused, I said that I could not believe that after having shared our love for so many years ...

Here the girl could not continue, sobbing as he bent to embrace her and said in a kind tone.

-Take it easy, Connie. You do not need to go on ... Do not do yourself any more harm, that's past.


Then she shook her head and continued.

-No, I have to get this over. I still keep it inside of me and I want you to know, Tom. I need you to understand what I feel for you ...


The boy nodded, looking at her in sympathy and concern. And she clinched with regret.

-He told me that he had never loved me for a whole lifetime. He produced a bomb and gave it to me. Then I realized, he wanted me to die to end the Sailors and the girl. He broke my heart! And not for wanting me to sacrifice myself. Had he loved me, I would have done it without hesitation. I would have given my life to fulfil my mission and above all for his love. What really plunged me was that I meant nothing to him, nothing! I was just an instrument.
-That miserable bastard! - The boy snapped between indignant, furious and full of compassion for his interlocutor to ask - How can anybody be able to do something so cruel?


Cooan looked at him gratefully. It was clear, Tom was the total reverse of that selfish one of Rubeus, who took her to such an extreme of despair. Then she was able to add ...

-Thanks to Rei, and the others, who took that bomb and threw it away before it exploded, I was saved. But I was shattered. I had lost everything, my love, my home, my future. I had nothing to lose. I went crazy and attacked the girls. I blamed them for my misfortune and I only wanted one of them to kill me in order to stop my suffering. But then, Rei ... got in between a blow that Makoto was going to give me. She received it in my place! She was on top of me protecting me and in a very sweet and compassionate voice told me that I had not lost everything yet. And when I calm down, I heard her, and I saw her leg. The one I had burned during the fight. When she stepped between one of my attacks and Yuuichirou. But she smiled at me and added that I had myself and that I could repair all the evil I had done. Then I cried Tom! I cried in regret and hoping to believe her words were true. I wanted another chance and maybe, one day, to find a man who really loved me and whom I could love with all my heart. Someone who really cared about who I was and not about If I was simply helpful. Then it was when  Sailor Moon purified me with the power of her Silver Crystal. At that very moment my life began again. And then I came here and I met you ...


His companion was watching her in astonishment and also moved. He could not reply to those words, only to embrace her and after a few seconds respond.

-Oh, Connie, I'm so sorry. I could not imagine that you had been through something like that.
- I do not want to lose you! Please, not you! I love you and I could not bear it again, - she sobbed. -
- You will not lose me. You will never lose me. - He could also say with tears. - I swear.


Cooan hugged him tightly, she did not seem to want to let go, fearing she might really lose him if she did. Then she heard him sing, he had recovered that voice so beautiful that he had, and he sang that theme of the concert they attended, the one they had heard both before.

-You will be with me and you will be my love ...
Among the fields of barley"...


And the girl cried again, but this time of happiness. After a few minutes, hugging, she finally got up and the boy said in a soft and affectionate voice.

-I'll never leave you Cooan Malinde.- My Connie! And that is a promise. But you must promise me something in return. - And at the watchful eye of the now smiling girl, he asked. - You will not risk your life in vain and you will always be very careful ...


She nodded, set her chin down, and whispered affectionately.

-I promise you, I will not, but you must also promise me to keep the secret, I beg you please. I'm not alone in this.


He just nodded and that was enough for the girl to smile, giving him a long kiss on the lips. Then both (she already with their normal identity) went to the infirmary. Fortunately, the wounds were not as serious as they might at first appear. Although to the questions of the surprised nurse they confessed to have suffered an accident without wanting to go into more details. Luckily the woman who attended them was not too curious and the less serious of the injuries contributed to settle the issue. Once healed and bandaged they ate something to regain their strength and went to the entrance of the library. Roy and Beruche were waiting for them.

- You're late. - Roy said, looking at the watch as he watched them appear. - Why did you entertain so much? And what happened to you? - He asked in amazement, watching the wounds and bandages that both looked. -
-An accident, - said Cooan unimportantly, - nothing has happened.
- Yes, I suppose it was a rather annoying accident.  - Said his interlocutor that did not believe at all that version, asking with sarcasm. - Did it have horns and tail that accident?


The interviewee nodded, recognizing it with a slight smile and Beruche returned it with an accomplice and then looked at Roy. This one seemed to understand it well since he did not insist on the subject. After all, the same thing had happened to them.

- Sorry for the delay. It was something that could not wait for. We had a lot to talk about.- Tom told them.-
-It is true. There were some misunderstandings. - Said Cooan. - But we've made it clear. -
-Yes, I will make every effort to improve with my rehabilitation and I will continue studying. The boy assured. -
-That's my friend. - Roy nodded with a big grin as he winked. - That's my Kansas Peasant!


Bertie smiled in turn, glad to see that both, her sister and Tom, had managed to dispel those mists. Melanie was right. That's when she remembered ...

-By the way, little sister. I met your head cheerleader ...
- It is true! - exclaimed this one putting a hand to the forehead as it declared. - We had rehearsal! Oh Heavens!
-That's why you do not worry. - Called Bertie. - She said you were excused.
-I'm glad I was not going anyway.- Replied the girl with a smile to add. - I have better plans.
-And me, too," Tom added with a grin. - And I'm so sorry, guys, Connie and I are not going to study today.
- What? - surprised Roy adding fun. - You really surprise me, you're very lazy lately.
-We're going to the cinema,- his friend explained. - She's going to invite me to see a very interesting movie.
-That's very good, - Bertie said with approval and visible joy. - Have fun!
-Thank you, - her sister smiled. Shall we go? - She asked affectionately to Tom, who nodded with enthusiasm. -
-We'll see each other, guys. - He said letting his chair being pulled by Cooan. -
- Hey, little cube! - Roy said as his friends walked away - Why do not we go with them?
- In your dreams! - she said, wagging her finger, saying amused. -You have to study and a lot because you are very late.
-This is not fair,- he protested. - They leave, and you tell them to" amuse yourselves, "- he made an imitation of Beruche herself with such grace and slight sarcasm that it even made her laugh and added in a supposedly pitiful tone:- I ask you and you tell me that I have to study.
- Let's go to study! - Bertie reaffirmed by grabbing Roy from one ear and dragging him to the library, as well as explaining more seriously now. - Besides, Tom and Cooan need to be alone.
-Okay, okay, - admitted the boy, letting go softly and replying more seriously as well. - You're right. They need a little time to put their feelings in order, but I wanted to pretend a little in front of them. The truth is ... - he said now more reflexively - that Tommy's gaze has changed. And also your sister's. They look happy together. And I am so happy for them.
- And if you have realized that why you always have to act like a clown? - Bertie laughs with feigned reprobation to affirm now with a more affectionate character. - You're a great boy! And you are right. I am also very happy for them. Good! She sighed now with apparent resignation, declaring nonchalantly, - I think this time we will be able to skip the studios and have a drink.
-Hey, that was a joke, cubito - he smiled solicitously, proposing to her. - We can study if you really want to.


But now it was Beruche who grabbed him by the arm and cheered him with amusement.

-Let's go, before I regret it.



So he let himself go and without his companion saw him, he signal the V with his fingers. Tom and Cooan had a great time that night. The boy solemnly promised to try to rehabilitate and she assured him that she would not leave him alone. True love between them had finally emerged. And this time they would not confuse it with other feelings or emotions. Roy and Bertie were right. His friend was now happier and stronger to face the challenge ahead, with Connie next to him looking to improve. She in turn promised to fight for him and for all those who were in trouble because of the sectarians.

-We will make it. - She smiled at him after leaving the cinema as they returned without haste to the university. -
-I will do my best to deserve your love - He told her. -
-You're a wonderful boy. - She retorted. - I'm the one who has to deserve you.
-But it was hard for you to notice me. – The boy commented now with a funny smile that nevertheless hid a slight accent of reproach. -
-It was because of my disillusionment with Rubeus. That made me be very cautious, I was afraid to go wrong again - She confessed lowered her eyes a little again without wanting to remind the boy that at first she had noticed Roy. - That hurt me a lot. -
-Every time I think about what you told me. And how he treated you. What an idiot! Not knowing how to value what he had. - Tom stated by sentencing. - How can there be anyone who cannot love you?


The girl smiled at him gratefully. She bent down to give him a long kiss, and as soon as she did, he was able to confess to her.

-I had a disappointment, too. Last summer. I had been in love with a girl for years, but for her , I was only a friend, nothing more.
- What a fool! - Cooan could reply. And visibly curious she wanted to know. - What was she like?
-Well, she looked a lot like a girl I know. Brunette, with curly hair and blue eyes very dark and pretty, but not as beautiful as the violets of the woman I love. - He added, adding in a thoughtful tone. - You know? Perhaps it was written that it should be so. That you and I should know each other. And now I thank God for it.
-And I Thank Him too. - The girl smiled. -
- And do you know something else? - Tom confided. - My parents really liked you. They do not stop praising you. As soon as we have a few days of vacation, I would like to invite you home.
- Invite me! That caught Cooan totally by surprise. So the young woman pointed one of her hands to her chest. – Me? I do not know if I ...
-Really. They love you. My mother, especially. She asked me to tell you. - Said the boy now with more enthusiasm to refer to the astonished Cooan. - She told me, son, tell Constance that it would be our pleasure if she could  spend a few days here. - And looking at her with affection, the boy added. - And remember that I promised to show you the fields of gold ... as our song says. All the lands with those crops that extend as far as the eye can see. It is a really beautiful landscape.
-Yes, I want to see it by your side. - She affirmed with emotion.-


His companion hugged her affectionately and kissed her again. At the end and after several hours of conversation, plans and wishes for the future, Cooan accompanied him to the door of his room and there they said goodbye until the following day. Meanwhile, in the seat of the sect, an enraged Great Sage called another of the devils.

- Iama! - He cried in an imperious voice, appear before me, quickly! -

The succubus appeared instantly to his superior and greeted him with a subdued bow.

- At your orders, sir. What do you want me to do?
- Your companions have failed and have been annihilated by the Justicieras, you must not repeat their mistakes. Go, finish them and recover the Yalmutud stone that we need to complete the pentacle of the invocation.
- As you say, sir. I've already set my target. - In the ball of the Great Sage appeared the Lady of Thunder, while the succubus explained to his boss. - I'm sure the Yalmutud sphere is in her power. Before I kill her I'll make her talk so she can tell me where she hides the sphere, it will be easy.
-That's what your friends said before and they were destroyed. Do not despise the power of one Justiciera or you can run the same fate as your colleagues. - The Sage answered her with suspicion. -
- Do not worry, sir. This time it will be different, - she assured him, disappearing after nodding her head. -



For their part Petz and Karaberasu were in their apartment and chatted about their other sisters. Cooan had phoned to tell them what had happened. Tom had promised not to discover Roy their identities. Her sister had also warned them that the devils could go after them.

-They've finally cleared everything between them. - Said Karaberasu with relief. - One less thing to worry about.
-At least in that respect things seem to be solved. But this other is more serious. We should hide this stone well. - Petz mused aloud, pointing to the couch, under which the Yalmutud sphere was hidden, - here it could easily be stolen.
- Yes, it would be the best, - agreed her sister asking - but where?
-We can bury her somewhere on the outskirts of town. - Her older sister proposed. -
- They would detect it without any problem, - argued her interlocutor - no, that we cannot do it.
- Well, I do not know what else we can think of. - Petz replied disconcertedly. -
-Leave that to me, - her sister smiled. - I'm having an idea.
- You must be careful, they could be watching us ...
- You should not worry about that. Look, this is what we will do - Karaberasu whispered to Petz her plan in an ear. -


She smiled too, as idea it was not bad, although it had her risks and Petz expressed it with some concern to her younger sister.

- Sounds good, but be very careful, okay? And let me know if you're in danger.
- I'll be careful. - Said the girl who was made with a sheet and with something wrapped round it round. So she went out into the street. - See you later and do not come unless I call you ...

Kalie walked with her package wrapped, she was going to a little crowded area, practically deserted ...

-Well, well, - Iama said, hidden in a canopy of the area when Karaberasu left the house. - Come to me, you little fool. Soon you will fall into my trap.


The girl saw her stone blinking brighter and brighter. She sensed clearly that some demon was near. So she prepared to move on to the second stage of her plan, she stepped into a deserted alley, Iama following her. Petz, who had stuck with the real stone, put it inside a double-bottomed wardrobe. She decided that she should listen to her sister and wait for Karaberasu to warn her through a communicator of the presence of the enemy. In the meantime, she wished that the plan would be successful or in case Kalie had any problems and warned her, she would come quickly to her aid.

-Or even if she does not. Kalie is always carried away by self-confidence. And this time that might kill her, I will not allow it. - Said the young woman. -


On the other hand, and days before in Japan the news of the terrible event that had happened to Tom had frozen the girls. Rei paced nervously and helplessly in the sanctuary before the faces of desolation of the rest, after its conversation with Cooan and of the one that maintained with her pals. Now they remembered it with indignation. They had Usagi there and they had a plan to see what she said ...

- Poor guy! - Minako sighed then with the assent of Artemis that was on her lap. -
- Damn those demons! - Makoto snapped, frustrated and angry. -
-Judging by what Petz and Kalie have told us, it's been terrible for everyone. Apart from Tom, Cooan is suffering a lot. Same as Bertie and Roy. - Minako declared with regret briefly summarizing what her friends had wrote them. -
-Yes. I consulted my mother about that. Unfortunately it coincides with the diagnosis that has been made there. It is a permanent paralysis. - Ami could say, full of sadness. - Nothing can be done.


Rei intervened then clenching her fists to exclaim, full of anger in turn.

-Damn it! I cannot stand this for another minute. When are we going to be able to help them? Now that boy is defenceless against any attack.


No one answered that question. Usagi lowered her head, visibly dismayed. She looked at Luna, who was also looking sad. Although Mars, after a moment, turned to her friend and with a pleading expression she said to the attentive and expectant eyes of the rest.

-Usa-chan. Onegay! Even if you cannot do anything to heal him ... at least we should go and help them. They need our support. At least morale. I do not say that we are going to fight, but simply to comfort them s friends, just as friends...


The others shared the same feeling, but none added anything.

- I beg you! - Rei insisted getting to her knees. - Have compassion on at least that boy. Of our friends.


This moment was very embarrassing to Usagi. She could scarcely respond between astonished and dismayed.

-Please Rei, do not do this to me. Get off the ground.
-Usagi-chan, onegay! Makoto said, adopting the same attitude as the priestess. - Only one trip, even if it is short. To verify that they are well.
- Onegay! - Minako added imitating her friends. - If it’s not at all. At least let one of us go.


Usagi with obvious commotion, stared openly at everyone. Then she looked up at Ami, the only one who had not done that. Perhaps being more cerebral than the rest she analysed things more objectively. However, that was short-lived. Mercury knelt in the same manner to ask with a pleading gesture.

- Onegay! Usa-chan ... they are our dear friends and they are in danger.
- Girls. Believe me, please. She could barely speak really touched as she knelt, too, facing her bleak gaze to Rei's and then to the others. - It's not up to me. I assure you that if it were ...


And she could not go on, at least until she wiped away some tears. None dared to speak. So, after another embarrassing moment of silence, the respondent rose slowly and looked at her companions to mumble.

-Soon. Very soon ... but not yet ... I am sorry ...



None responded, though Usagi knew perfectly well what they thought behind those faces in which she could read the plea and even the reproach. Why? How long would they have to act like this? Being honest, she did not even know the answer. It depended on those strange dreams that she had. The same thing happened to Mamoru who at that time was meeting with certain important people for the future events. The only thing they could do, then, was to have patience and wait. She wish that when they could intervene it was not too late! At the moment her friends, the four sisters and those two boys should go ahead on their own. And now it was Karaberasu's turn to try to get away with the tough test that she was about to take.


                previous                                                         next

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Por favor, si sois tan amables y no os es molestia, comentar vuestras impresiones sobre lo que habéis leído. Me vendría muy bien para mejorar y conocer vuestras opiniones sobre mis historias. Muchas gracias. ;)